Are You A Budding Entrepreneur
Have you a burning desire to set up your own business? Do you live in a rural area aged 16-30? Then RYE is the programme for you.
Rural Youth Entrepreneurship is an awareness raising and developmental programme aimed at young people between 16 - 30 years living in a disadvantaged rural area.
What's on offer?
- a series of 3 free fun interactive workshops
- participants can avail of Master classes, study visits & networking opportunities with other young people
- workshops will be delivered in rural locations with leaders and peers they know at a time convenient to the young people
What does it involve?
- address misconceptions young people have about rural business
- learn to develop a business idea from passions and interests
- learn techniques to be creative & generate more ideas
- learn to identify their entrepreneurial skills
- look at how to generate money from their business idea
- participants are introduced to the ‘Drawing Board’ a concept used by almost everyone who runs their own business
- consider their customers, competitors & finances
- explore pitfalls faced by entrepreneurs
- pitch their idea to their peers
What do I get at the end of it?
- each participant will be provided with an individual pack containing information and links specific to the sector they are interested in e.g. Retail, Tourism, Agriculture, Photography.
- the pack will also include generic information on starting up your own business.
- participants will be introduced to the RYE Web Tool and shown how it can be used to produce a professional Business Action Plan
- on completion each participant will receive a RYE certificate and will be signposted to other organisations in Northern Ireland who will help them progress their idea to the next stage.