Farm Family Options Call for Applications
25 August 2010
The Countryside Agri-Rural Partnership is inviting applications from farming families for a third tranche of the Skills Training element of the Farm Family Options programme, funded under Axis 1 of the NI Rural Development Programme 2007-2013
Skills Training is open to farmers with a DARD Category 1 Business ID number, their spouses/ partners, and children aged 17 years (at date of application) and over. The training may be directly related to the farm business, or may enable members of the family to access an income from out-side the current farm business. Please note the grant available may vary depending on the type of course, specific grant rates apply in certain cases.
Financial assistance of up to £1,000 per farm family member is available to support on farm and off farm work-related skills training. An associated training allowance of up to £250 per family member is also available.
Only the following types of training courses will be supported under Tranche 3:
- Courses offered through local FE Colleges and recognised Private Training providers which operate on an academic year intake basis commencing in September/ October 2010 (Qualifications & Credit Framework Levels 1, 2 and 3 only or relevant recognised Industry Standard subject to approval)
The following courses are not eligible under Tranche 3:
- Plant & Driving related courses/ training
- Short courses that are available at regular intervals throughout the calendar year
- Hobby Type Courses equivalent to QCF Level 1
- Courses above QCF Level 3
- Refresher / Renewal Courses
- CAFRE Courses
The Closing Date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 22nd September at 12 noon
Further information and application packs are available by contacting the Farm Family Options Team on 0845 026 7534, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or available to download from the Countryside Agri-Rural Partnership website: www.countrysiderural.co.uk.