Housing Executive Rural Regeneration Funding Opportunities
10 May 2012
Under its ‘Rural Homes and People’ strategy, the Housing Executive is committed to supporting rural regeneration and in particular assisting in the roll-out of the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme (RDP).
The RDP can provide up to 75% funding under its Basic Services and Village Renewal measures, for rural community groups to undertake a wide range of community based projects.
As a result of enquiries about the 25% RDP ‘shortfall’, the Housing Executive has set aside funding with a view to part-funding some RDP community projects (under Basic Services or Village Renewal) in this financial year.
Interested Groups are invited to discuss their project and complete an expression of interest form before 30th June 2012 by contacting either:
Gerry Cunningham on 02890318368; e-mail: email@example.com
Michael Conway on 02890318559; e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expression of Interest applications for the 2012/13 year should be:
- For non private sector projects in rural areas (i.e. population of less than 4,500 people);
- Receiving or being considered for RDP funding under Axis 3; and
- Expected to be undertaken by the end of the financial year.
- Contribute to Community, Economic, Social or Physical Renewal
- Demonstrate some benefit to local areas of social housing (projects do not have to be on Housing Executive estates)
- Meet an identified need in the area
- Not conflict with, duplicate or substitute other public or statutory funding responsibilities; and
- Not fund salaries and running costs.
Some groups received NIHE Rural Regeneration funding in 2011/12 for either community projects or village plans. Any such groups may reapply this year but those groups who received NIHE funding for community projects should note that they may receive lesser priority than groups applying for community projects for the first time.
When completed, Expression of Interest forms should be returned by post or e mail to:
Norwich Union House
7 Fountain Street
Belfast BT1 5EA
E mail: email@example.com
All Expressions of Interest will be considered by a steering group of NIHE officials. Successful applicants will be asked to formally sign up for the NIHE rural regeneration funding; a funding offer letter, acceptance letter and funding conditions letter will be forwarded. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly