Events Funding for the Foyle and Carlingford Areas
16 April 2012
The Loughs Agency has announced that funding may be available to provide support to events that benefit the Foyle or Carlingford areas and which have a marine tourism and/or angling focus. Funding is by way of the Agency’s Sustainable Development Fund.
The current call is for event organisers seeking up to £1,000 support (or euro equivalent). Completed application forms must be received at Loughs Agency headquarters by 9:30am on 30th April 2012.
Funding will not exceed £1,000 (or euro equivalent) per event and will be at a level of up to 75% of total eligible expenditure.
- No more than two applications per applicant will be considered.
- Application is solely by submission of the official application form by email or postal delivery or hand delivery to the Loughs Agency headquarters building – see details below.
- Events must not have taken place before issue of Letter of Offer (anticipated to be mid May 2012).
- Application form is available by emailing email@example.com
- Events must have a good potential to clearly benefit the Foyle and/or Carlingford areas.
- Events must have a definite focus on marine tourism and/or angling.
- Sustainable development must be evident.
The potential economic impact of holding an event is a key criteria.
- The Agency will not fund any events that make a profit.
- Assistance cannot be provided by the Agency if the purpose of an event is to raise money for a charity/charities.
ADMINISTRATION AND JUDGING
The Loughs Agency reserves the right to allocate funding at its absolute discretion to meet its priority of sustainable development of marine tourism and angling in the Foyle and Carlingford areas.
The Agency will assess project proposals, scoring them and then prioritising the proposals (based on scoring). Funding will be allocated on the basis of that prioritisation exercise.
Telephone enquiries: from Republic of Ireland 048 7134 2100; from Northern Ireland 028 7134 2100
Loughs Agency, 22 Victoria Road, Londonderry-Derry, Northern Ireland BT47 2AB