Call for Additional Focus Farmers
24 November 2011
A call for applications has been launched for 5 additional Focus Farms within the Beef, Sheep and Organic sectors covering targeted areas within Counties Armagh, Down and Tyrone.
If you can
• demonstrate good farming practices;
• make use of innovative farming methods;
• make use of modern technologies;
• conduct on farm research;
• outline your experiences of managing your business to farming groups
then why not apply to become a Focus Farmer?
Details of the areas targeted and application forms are available in the application pack, on the Focus Farm site www.countrysiderural.co.uk or by contacting Mr Pat Donnelly (details below).
Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of the following information sessions to find out further details on the Focus Farm Programme. Information sessions have been arranged at the following venues:
• Silverbirch Hotel, Omagh, Tuesday 29th November 2011 at 8pm
• Mourne Country Hotel, Newry, Thursday 1st December 2011 at 8pm
Applications must be received prior to 4.00pm on Monday 19th December 2011.
Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified persons. In particular, Catholics and women are encouraged to apply. All appointments will be made on merit.
Guidance notes are available from www.countrysiderural.co.uk or by contacting Mr Pat Donnelly at:.
Countryside Agri-rural Partnership
671 Antrim Road
Telephone number 0845 026 7537
The Focus Farms scheme is part of the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme 2007 – 13, jointly funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.